Tuesday 29 June 2010

TuNesday

First heard Mumford and Sons late last year. Thought they were a poor Irish band - they remind me of the good bits I can remember about a stag do in Liverpool, drinking beer, singing and listening to a 2-man Irish folk band into the wee hours. Turns out they're a bunch of super-rich kids from London - faith and begorrah! - but don't let that get in the way of this sound. It's rural, it's earthy and it gives me goodebumps (those are the best kind of goosebumps, dontcha know). Only three songs have gone mainstream so far. I missed the first release, 'Little Lion Man'. The Cave, their second single, is pretty awesome - and it's what got me hooked in the first place. Have a listen here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fNy8llTLvuA. I'm not sure yet what to think of their latest (Roll Away Your Stone, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O-1V92iWtQY). I fear it may be a bit samey... hoping they have more surprises left in them.

The song really gets to me is 'Winter Winds'. It still makes me want to cry, and I'm not sure why. You can listen to it via the link, below. What do you think...?


No comments:

Post a Comment