Tuesday 13 March 2012

Child, Please.

I’m happy to report that both of my children survived the weekend, with all of their digits and most of their hair. I’m calling that a win. We had a shaky Saturday, if I’m honest, when I tried to move the sleeping feverish child from the sofa to her room. What’s that saying...‘Let sleeping spawns of Satan lie…?’ Something like that. Well, this effort to clear the living room (so that the Watching of the Six Nations could transpire un-shushed) proved to provide the Mother of All Backfires, as my half-banshee child screamed the house down upon my gentle and loving attempt at removal - thus waking Cherub #2. THAT ended up in a 50-minute drive around Nant-y-Moch (which isn’t quite as beautiful when draped in thick, squelchy mist) and me missing the entire second half of the Wales v. Italy game. Luckily, balance was restored on Sunday as the Screaming Eagle fancied a trip to the farm (not a euphemism – the in-laws are farmers) and the Drool-and-Poop Factory slept for 3 hours, giving me plenty of time to watch the England v. France game and clean the house in preparation for Mummy’s return. Expect the short story and afterschool special, “Daddy Needs Some Sleep” sometime in the summer of 2013.

In the meantime, enjoy this clip of Paul Reiser (post-Aliens but pre-Mad About You), introducing us to 'My Two Dads' - a sitcom about a child who is placed into the care of two men by a strict-but-kind-hearted judge. Of course, the Two Dads in question are two former boyfriends of Nicole's deceased mother Marcy (never explained) - both of whom we'd have to assume slept with her mother around the same time (never explained), with hilarious consequences. Anyway, it takes TWO of you to do this job? Child, please.


PS - How Dick Butkus got overlooked for an Emmy in his role as Ed Klawicki, I'll never know. Maybe his commitment to the role was diluted by all of the guest appearances he was making in 80s television.  Murder, She Wrote, Night Court, Matlock AND Growing Pains? A man can only do so much, Dick (there's never been a more important comma than that one right there).

No comments:

Post a Comment